Sunday, April 6, 2008

Welcome!

I know so many of you who are such SMART mommies, I thought it would be fun to exhibit all the smartness in one spot. After Elder Ballard's talk today in Conference, I thought we could make a spot to talk about the good, bad, and ugly and to just be supports for each other. We need all the help we can get!

I thought of having a few categories to keep on a regular basis, let me know if you think of something else:

Busy hands equal busy minds
Baby advice
Ask a. . .(teacher, nurse, super cook, speech pathologist, health nut-LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU KNOW A LOT ABOUT)
Hobbies, hobbies, hobbies
Mommy Spa (ie, just for moms)
Tricks of the trade
Resources (send me any links you like)

Let me know your ideas-this is meant to be a free for all post!

10 comments:

Dani said...

I'm in...Elder Ballard's talk totally hit home for me too today! What an answer to prayer! :)


Dani

Rachel said...

Count me in too. I love to hear what other moms are doing. The more ideas and support, the better. I'll be thinking of ideas to email to you. Good work Megs!

Jenny Lynes said...

I'm in! That was such a great talk today! What a great idea Megan!

Rachel C. said...

Count me in too -- I think it's a great idea! (And you certainly were quick to implement it! Impressive!) :)

Anthony, Valerie & Tate said...

Sounds great! Count me in!

Meghan said...

I think this is a wonderful idea and I love your topics. Love it all!

Kristy said...

Sounds great Megan! Surprisingly (or maybe not surprising) that was the only talk I heard in its entirety & it was exactly what I needed.

Unknown said...

The latest great idea that I've heard and tried came from the magazine Family Fun. (A great magazine with LOTS of fun ideas, crafts, foods, birthday ideas, physical movement, articles etc.) The idea was to assign a special night of the week to each child. We are going do this every week so we don't forget. So we put most of the children to bed and the child whose special night it is gets to stay up a 1/2 hour past their bed time. That child gets one on one time with both of the parents. We play games or whatever the child wants to do. We were tring to do date nights with the children once a month but we were always forgetting and this seemed like a great way to spend quality time with each of our children.

The Hall's said...

Count me in. You always come up with such great ideas!

Jessie said...

Megan, this is awesome. I'm in. I like your topics too. I've seen other blogs where they come up with an author list and then assign everyone a certain date to post on. Or you could have a topic and let whoever wants to post on the subject. However you want to do it will be great. Thanks!