Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sewing Help???

Has anyone ever sewn a baby shopping-cart cover? And if you have...is it easy? And where did you get your pattern? I'm thinking it's about time that I move my almost 1 year old out of his car seat when we go to the store (don't worry...I have shrimpy kids so he's totally fine in there still, but I know the ideal containment will have to come to an end sometime!!!) But my search for the cart covers has been maddening...they're either totally ugly (why don't they make cute stuff for boys?) or they're SOOOOOO expensive! So, I'm planning on putting my sewing skills to the test and trying it out, but I just don't know where to start!!!
I've found these instructions on etsy...shopping cart cover instructions. Or should I go purchase a real pattern from a sewing store??? Or should I just wing it and make up my own??? Any advice???

1 comments:

Kristy said...

I would wing it. But then I am cheap & don't want to spend money for what I think I can figure out on my own. The only problem would be the holes where the legs go. I've seen a lot of them with elastic, but I think I would try to do a drawstring idea. Then you could fit them on any cart. I saw one on a Costco cart last night. Just do some simple measuring the next time you are around a shopping cart and see how it goes.